Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-26 12:13:23

symtab
Administrator
Website

[IMPORTANT] Replacement for Recommended Videos

Hi,

I just remembered (while browsing the forum) that for high traffic sites the Recommend Videos (afer a user logins, and is redirected to the Dashboard) is slow and also in 1.0 you have the option to not store the video history, which means, you dont have any data for previously viewed videos (most big sites dont use this). What should we replace Recommended Videos with:

1. Keep recommended videos for sites that have video history (we have a cron file to delete the video history every 7 days, which means your database wont fill up) and dont display anything for sites that dont have the video history.
2. Display Most Recent XX videos?
3. Dont display any videos, display some big buttons (like watch most recent, upload videos, upload photos...)

Please let me know what you think about this.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#2 2012-05-26 13:47:51

ful2fun.com
Website

Re: [IMPORTANT] Replacement for Recommended Videos

Its good Option to Delete Or Reduce The History And We Can have Most recent And Seen Videos Option also..............

ful2fun.com
livesexpirates.com

#3 2012-05-28 15:58:21

videocasalinghi

Hi
For me is good solution 3 and insert litle box help for upload videos, upload photos

#4 2012-06-19 11:04:14

symtab
Administrator
Website

I went with option 3. Its easy and loads very very fast.

#5 2012-06-19 15:07:41

Valistix

So it recommends videos to users, based on what they've searched for and / or watched during their last 7 days online?

#6 2012-06-19 15:43:02

symtab
Administrator
Website

Yeah, but i removed that feature and now it displays a few upload buttons and thats it :-) Its faster :-)

#7 2012-06-19 16:46:10

Valistix

symtab wrote:

Yeah, but i removed that feature and now it displays a few upload buttons and thats it :-) Its faster :-)

So if I purchase my ASP copy on Friday, which version would I be receiving, and would it come standard with these newly made tweaks you've integrated?

Also, unless it's a LOT faster without it, I'd certainly appreciate a /toggle, that can be set per Site Admin, that could enable 2 or 3 recommended videos, even if it's done via text, rather than a display of the recommendations.  I don't think text should slow it down too much, unless it's the process of fetching similarities that's the issue.  But rather than base it off of what they saw, how about implementing a points system.  So, for example, rather than giving it 1-5 out of 5 stars or whatever, how about assigning a percentage to it.  This way, your recommended videos can be based off of the frequency you search for X, in conjunction with what % you rank Y, how many times Y is watched, and what other videos you've ranked and watched.  But again, if it is much slower, then forget it...  Speed should be our highest concern in most cases.

#8 2012-06-19 17:32:59

symtab
Administrator
Website

All clients with high traffic sites had problems with the recommended videos so they disabled it. Until i find a better method of fetching the recommended videos, it will just keep it with a few buttons. Maybe in the future i find a easy way (not mysql intensive) to fetch a few recommended videos.

#9 2012-06-19 20:26:42

Eri

no need to have that, just add and advertisement with HD videos as recommend videos and you will get some bucks LOL

Best Adult Affilitate Network:
ExoClick
Best Deals on Dedicated Servers - CDN
INXY

#10 2012-06-19 21:38:28

videocasalinghi

Eri right, maybe a nice box to say to become premium customers, so you earn :-))

#11 2012-06-20 06:43:25

symtab
Administrator
Website

Ok. So a advertisement spot. Perfect.

Board footer