Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-28 02:26:09

hodmedia
Website

Videos Buffering

my videos taking a long time to buffer for some reason how to fix it my site loads fine its just the video take a long while to buffer now

#2 2013-05-28 09:22:23

symtab
Administrator
Website

Re: Videos Buffering

Check for video hotlinking/leeching (you are using pseudostreaming with secure download, so this shouldnt happen, except if they re-read your config time every time, in which case you should see this in the logs). Also check your bandwidth consumtion, maybe you need more bandwidth or more servers.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#3 2013-05-28 10:55:44

hodmedia
Website

currently i have unmetered bandwidth so thats not a problem it buffers when my server is at peak traffic im using apache not lighttpd so that may be the problem i have 8gigs of ram with a 8core server with 6k videos maybe i need more ram do you think i do ? i never had this problem till now it came out of nowhere how do i switch to pseudostreaming will that make it stream better ? i currently have it on passive streaming

Last edited by hodmedia (2013-05-28 11:05:09)

#4 2013-05-28 20:36:00

symtab
Administrator
Website

You are currently using progressive download for serving the videos? Thats not gooooooooooddddddddddddd....anyone can hotlink your videos. You need pseudostreaming. Your server needs to be configured to work with pseudostreaming. We have docs in the Documentation forum or you can send us a email with access and we can do it for 49$.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

Board footer