Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-06 03:51:24

marshalbros

CSV imported videos stuck grabbing

Many of the videos that I mass imported by CSV are stuck with the "grabbing" status.  Any way to retry without deleting each of the individual videos and reimporting the csv?

#2 2011-05-06 07:43:29

symtab
Administrator
Website

Re: CSV imported videos stuck grabbing

The best method to fix is this, is to find out why the videos are stuck. Does the csv importer return a white page? Can you download the videos manually directly from the CSV?

I could implement a method of saving the video data in a separate table and then try if it fails the first time. I will add this feature.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#3 2011-05-06 12:33:14

marshalbros

I cant figure out why they are stuck.

The CSV import does not yield a blank page.  I completes with X videos imported successfully.  I've looked at the database and the only difference in the ones that are stuck and the ones that get published (in the same CSV import) is "status 5" (published are 1) and "thumbs 20", others are "1"

Thumbs seem to be the problem.  Each of the "stuck grabbing" videos has one thumb and it is too large.  I can manually resize the thumb to 160x120 and manually change the status to "1" and the video displays fine in the index and on the video play pages.  Regenerate thumbs does nothing for these videos.  1.jpg is unchanged and the other images are not created.  Regenerate thumbs DOES work for other videos, just not these stuck videos.

#4 2011-05-06 16:19:18

symtab
Administrator
Website

Do you import the video to your server and ffmpeg generates the thumbs? Or do you hotlink/download the videos and also the thumb from the sponsor?

#5 2011-05-06 16:40:31

marshalbros

hotlink video and download thumb

Last edited by marshalbros (2011-05-06 16:40:53)

#6 2011-05-06 17:24:04

symtab
Administrator
Website

Ok. So there is no way to generate the thumbs, except for downloading. Is the thumb downloaded on the server?

#7 2011-05-06 17:52:38

marshalbros

Yes, the thumb is on the host server and downloaded to my server and named 1.jpg, but larger than 160x120, so if I change the status to published only a portion of the image is displayed and it blocks the title and description text.  If I manually resize the thumbed image the videos work fine.

Last edited by marshalbros (2011-05-06 17:53:15)

#8 2011-05-09 15:35:03

symtab
Administrator
Website

Can you please email me the CSV file you are using?

#9 2011-05-09 15:53:08

marshalbros

I'll have to create a new one.  I have a couple thousand videos stuck in gabbing status now.  I'll send you the next csv file when I get the problem again. 

As a sidenote, it would be nice to be able to mass edit or rescan the unpublished videos.  I know a few of them have the wrong data in a field or two.  If I could rearrange the fields, they would probably publish.  Also, like I said, many of these videos that are stuck grabbing have downloaded the one hotlinked thumb and it just needs to be resized properly  for the video to work and display right.  AWP downloads the thumb but then seems to want to create 20 thumbs for the video, but that isnt working for hotlinked videos, so the "manage videos" page has the one downloaded thumb and 19 broken links for the other local images.

#10 2011-05-09 17:04:42

symtab
Administrator
Website

I will have to re-check the mass CSV importer, not many people use the hotlinking function, so i only tested it once when i wrote the code for the CSV importer. When you get that CSV please email it to me so i can test with the same CSV.

There is a future request for mass editing and i will add that feature for the final version.

Board footer