Adult Script Pro Community Forums

Create, help and share your ideas with the community!

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-02 15:48:21

MrPulse
Website

Server migration and sphinx/nginx/...

Hello Adrian, I read some topic about server migration but I still have doubts.

My provider ask me to create a new customer user to migrate into a more powerful vps (problems with bandwidth: http://forum.adultscriptpro.com/viewtop … 806#p17806 ). The provider will do the migration, but I have extra service installed on my ASP:

I have one ASP website with:
* Lighttpd/Nginx/Apache Pseudostreaming (install by you)
* sphinx search (install by you)
* nuevoplayer

and one adultsearchscript website on another IP.

Is it possible to have some compatibiliy problems? I will have to setup another time?

Eventually I can buy your server migration service if I find a cheap server only for streaming with a good amount of bandwidth

Last edited by MrPulse (2014-12-02 16:33:51)

#2 2014-12-03 06:01:01

symtab
Administrator
Website

Re: Server migration and sphinx/nginx/...

Gorillaservers.com has a 49$ dedicated server with unlimited 100mbps bandwidth (however they do not provide support for software). I can migrate and install both your sites (and prepare the new server with everything required nginx/mysql/php-fpm) for 99$. If you want your hosting company to do it, they need to prepare ffmpeg/qt-fastart/yamdi and sphinx search on the server, then move the sites and then configure sphinx search for adult search script.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - PopAds

#3 2014-12-03 15:19:34

MrPulse
Website

gorillaserver unmetered is 30tb, but is absolutely enough for me and the prices are very interesting!! and maybe i've found a solution for server managment, do you know platinumservermanagement ? they offer full external management and monitoring service for 29$/months or only monitoring for 9.95$ and I've found good review about.

For migration, I will buy your service, I've only two doubts about the server:

* I've modified a lot of "added date" for my video, and some time ago I've read a topic about possible issue for migration with these dates change.
* actually I have 6gb ram and 4 cores cpu VPS and I haven't problem with the script, so it will be too risky to choose the 49$ gorillaserver server with Intel Pentium G3220 dual core cpu (ram is ok, 8gb) ?

Last edited by MrPulse (2014-12-03 15:53:03)

#4 2014-12-03 17:06:36

symtab
Administrator
Website

Will you run more than one site on this server? If not, there is no need for external server management. It can configure everything for you initially (the same setup i use) and you connect once / week and run a update command for security and thats it. If any problems appear with script i fix.

1. No problems will appear.
2. Script will work correctly.

#5 2014-12-03 19:56:05

MrPulse
Website

OK Adrian I found a limited promotion for a clearance gorillaservers and I bought this:

Intel Core i7 860 Quad Core (8 HT Cores)
32GB DDR3 RAM
1 x 2TB HDD
100Mbps Dedicated Unmetered Bandwidth
directadmin panel

79$/month

Waiting for setup and I will contact you for migrations.

My fear about unmanaged is only related to ddos attack/firewall setting and other minor things but if you can also configure this thing it's ok.

There are other interesting gorillaservers servers in promotion, if someone is interested i can send the link via email.

Last edited by MrPulse (2014-12-03 20:26:46)

#6 2014-12-04 06:58:50

symtab
Administrator
Website

Wow...now thats a good server for that money. I want to offer hosted solutions (buy the script hosted and pay / month) starting with version 2, so this will help. There is no 100% software solution against ddos, but i can add a solution to prevent brute force attacks.

#7 2014-12-08 11:52:41

MrPulse
Website

Hi Adrian, I've sent you an email for migration, the new server is online

Board footer