Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-05 14:06:09

happylag

Video conversion

Hello,

1) Is it possible to get the video conversion to the same settings ( bitrate, width, height etc...) as the source?

2) Is it possible to only have one file per video ( no trailer, no mobile etc...) but use this same file for desktop and mobile/tablets? I'm trying to save some spaces on the hard drive for more videos.

Thank you.

#2 2016-04-05 14:14:16

spankmonkey
Website

Re: Video conversion

1. You can turn off your re-conversion for videos if you want them to stay exactly the same.  Just make sure they are encoded correctly from the source or you'll have problems. The setting is under Videos--Config--Conversion

2.  You can turn off FLV, trailer conversion, and HD conversion on the same screen.  Most mobile devices these days only play MP4 format videos, so you'll need to keep that turned on at least, and do some extensive testing to make sure everything works.  Conversion is a touchy thing when it comes to a video site.

To save some disk space you may want to try embedding or hotlinking videos rather than saving them all to your server drive and self hosting.

#3 2016-04-05 14:48:44

happylag

2. If i disable mobile conversion. I can't find video on mobile, just on desktop.

#4 2016-04-06 10:28:44

happylag

Also, I can enable mobile on a videos by editing it. But on the mobile version of the site, the video won't play because the file for mobile doesn't exist.

I tried to look into video_view.tpl to copy the video desktop url to the mobile video_view, but i can't find it.

#5 2016-04-07 06:18:43

symtab
Administrator
Website

The reason the conversion is configured to have separate files is because not all mobile phones will play the mp4 file that is converted for desktop, high end phones will play mp4 main profile, however low end older phones will not play them. to make sure all phones play the mobile file we use hmp4 + baseline profile. With modifications to the code only the desktop file can be used. You have to edit: mobile/components/video_view.php and templates/your-template/video_view_videojs.tpl.php

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#6 2016-04-07 12:08:01

happylag

Hello,

In mobile/components/video_view.php I changed:

$video['mobile_url'] = VHelper_video_stream::url_mobile(true, $video_id, $video['server'], $premium, $trailer);

To

$video['mobile_url'] = VHelper_video_stream::get_url(true, $video_id, 'mp4', $video['server'], $premium, $trailer);

Do I need to change anything else?

#7 2016-04-08 14:32:26

symtab
Administrator
Website

Nope. Should work.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

Board footer