Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-12 00:15:17

symtab
Administrator
Website

Search Videos (photos...and future media).

Hi,

I'm still deciding, which method to use for searching, all methods have advantages and disadvantages (and the ultimate solution for power users > 100.000 videos will be sphinx, but until then...):

1. Search by title - added (not my first choice, not that fast, relevant if you only count the title).
2. Search by tags - added (this is the best in my opinion, very fast, but you need a lot of tags for each video, gets results by tags, pretty relevant).
3. Search by title and tags (its good, but slow, gets relevant results, but not perfect).
4. Search by title and tags with a separate table using mysql match against (this will find the most relevant results, its slow when you have 50.000 rows).

I personally think method 2 is the best and its very very fast (also considering that you have multi-word tags separate by commas).

If you have any ideas, please let me know (no technical information needed, just what you think is best).

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#2 2010-11-12 11:56:57

Coscast

Re: Search Videos (photos...and future media).

Yes, option 2 would be the best until shinx, i think. If you have relevant tags for each video, that should do very good. Basically users search for tags and not for titles. Hmmm or lets say: MOST users search for catchwords ( hope thats the correct word ).

Just technical question for sphinx: With sphinx it would be possible to have a high performance search for TAGS & TITLES combined ?

sgt-halfsize-banner.jpg

#3 2010-11-12 14:57:49

symtab
Administrator
Website

Re: Search Videos (photos...and future media).

With sphinx you can have a high performance (didnt test this, but the docs say up to 1.000.000 rows) for title, tags and description.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

Board footer