Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-22 01:30:26

dereklro

Thumb extract mode default frame number option?

I would like to be able to automatically choose a thumbnail other than the first thumb as the default after the thumbs have been extracted. An option in the "Thumb extract mode" page could be titled "Default Thumbnail (1-20):", and the option would be a number (like the number for the 5th thumbnail in the list of 20 extracted). I just get a lot of black thumbnails, or thumbnails that are not enticing simply because it is the screenshot of the first frame of the video.

Another thought, Can the thumbnails be put on random while browsing the site? xvideos seems to do this. When you see a video thumbnail then refresh the page, that same thumbnail actually changes to a different one. I would love that feature! I would never have to worry about which thumb to choose as the default again.

logo.png

#2 2014-08-22 08:32:15

Eri

Re: Thumb extract mode default frame number option?

the best idea is to put it in rotator. the thumb with the most % clicks/impressions will be used as the first one.

Best Adult Affilitate Network:
ExoClick
Best Deals on Dedicated Servers - CDN
INXY

#3 2014-08-22 11:24:04

symtab
Administrator
Website

Thats a lot of data that needs to be stored in the database...

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#4 2014-08-22 12:37:29

dereklro

symtab wrote:

Thats a lot of data that needs to be stored in the database...

Which idea would be a lot of data in the database? I thought that the idea of automatically selecting a thumbnail from the middle of the video instead of the first frame would be no different than the way it is now (data wise).

Eri - I love that idea! Just an image rotator by itself (with no click counter) would be awesome for me.

logo.png

#5 2014-08-25 11:13:33

symtab
Administrator
Website

A image rotator without click counts would be easy to implement. However counting clicks is not so easy (it can be implemented but it will be database intensive).

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#6 2014-08-25 13:05:32

dereklro

I think it would be a great option and a huge time saver!

logo.png

Board footer