Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-20 05:06:03

Pikeypete
Website

Uploading Videos

I'm having a problem.
First I uploaded a 70mb .flv video that I had ALREADY converted to .flv from my home computer to my server via FTP. I tried to "Upload from FTP" and it didn't work, but I think you said something about that previously.
So, then I used the regular "Upload" option and it took forever, I finally gave up and deleted the movie, after about 45 minutes.

So, I have to upload any given movie to the server from my home system after converting and watermarking then re-upload again through the admin panel from the server? Basically two uploads?
I have the option un-checked "FLV Convert (re-convert FLV files)", so it's not supposed to be reconverting.

Instead of embedding from other sites I plan on uploading my own content from now on, at least the majority to have some originality, watermarked and so that I can use ads properly, I even bought the commercial Flowplayer, but obviously I'd like to upload from the server without problems.

Any pointers?  smile

Thanks Adrian.

Last edited by Pikeypete (2011-05-20 05:12:31)

#2 2011-05-20 09:07:45

symtab
Administrator
Website

Re: Uploading Videos

I've fixed the FTP upload in RC2 so that should work. A 70MB file should not take more than 45 minutes to upload, it should take maximum 10 minutes.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#3 2011-05-20 13:50:35

Pikeypete
Website

So it's basically two uploads per file? My computer to the server then from the Admin panel (FTP upload) to the site?
Would it just be faster just uploading from the public site?
I think it was reconverting the files even though that was unchecked, all it would of had to do is generate the thumbs as it was already in the correct format.
It would be a nice feature if the video could be uploaded without going through that process and have the feature of adding your own thumbs as an option  *hint* *hint*  smile

#4 2011-05-20 15:18:23

symtab
Administrator
Website

In RC2 you can upload your files through FTP and then from admin process those files directly. I could add the thumbs thing in the future.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

Board footer