Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-08 14:38:54

Jacob

Can't change category image or edit HTML & CSS for categories

Issue #1

I tried to change the image of a category on my site but it's doing something very unusual.

On the categories page, it shows the old image but in edit mode it shows the new image.

qgTHKZ8.png

Now that's not all. Unless, I don't append "?29" after the category image URL on the frontend, it won't show the new image.

2EcNkdm.png

I checked on different browsers, cleaned cache, TOR browser and made sure that Cloudflare is off. Also, for the past 2-3 days now I've been working on the sites theme and every change is taking place immediately except for the categories.

What do I mean? (Issue #2)

On my categories page, I have the design I want which is this:

OJtqvGj.png

BUT on frontpage, its calling for the attributes from the old (Default design) and not the new attributes I added.

BWm1a2Q.png

In other words, in categories.tpl.php I changed "thumbnail" to "thumbail_category" and added the attributes in Style.css and it works decently on website.com/categories  but on website.com, it shows "thumbnail" instead of "tumbnail_category".

Last edited by Jacob (2015-07-08 14:42:23)

#2 2015-07-08 15:53:14

symtab
Administrator
Website

Re: Can't change category image or edit HTML & CSS for categories

You probably have some caching mechanism for php on your server.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#3 2015-07-08 19:11:08

Double_D
Website

Hello Jacob,

I also had some problems with caching cloudflare.
Try this (maybe you've already done that)
login on cloudflare go to caching,
Level Caching put on standard,
Set Browser Cache Expiration at 2 hours,
Than Purge Cache - press Pure Everthing
Online Development Mode and set to "on"

This solution helped me
success
greeting
Jaco

#4 2015-07-09 15:16:20

Jacob

Thanks Double D however the thing is that my Cloudflare has been on pause mode on over 6 months now so purging cache or going under development mode won't help.

@Symtab, did you install any caching system on the server when you did the server setup for me? (I'm the guy with the long e-mail address from Yahoo). Anyways, I will wait it out another 24 hours just in-case it is some caching system on the server.

Board footer