Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-16 19:16:35

Coscast

[Speculation]Httpd freezes...Sometimes

Hi,

Sometimes, when a video gets uploaded manually via acp ( single file upload ), lighttpd stops/freezes.

You can point your browser to my site, but nothing happens. No 404, No Timeout. Nothing. It keeps loading until the file is uploaded.

The Problem is: Lighttpd shows no errors in it's error logs. No errors in kernel.log too sad

I dunno how to track/reproduce this. It happens - for example - when i upload via csv, and another user does an single upload via file.

Checked, via top, if the Server CPU is overloaded - it is not - Maximum 75% cpu load with two conversions running.

I know that is strange, but i dunno how to track this down sad

Changed everything possible in lighty config. Like the max-procs and so on. Nothing helps.

Strange thing is: The server does not throw a 404 or something. It just keeps on loading until the video is converted.

Just wanted to post this here, maybe someone knows a solution. I'am not even sure iF this is a Bug.

sgt-halfsize-banner.jpg

#2 2011-01-16 21:07:08

symtab
Administrator
Website

Re: [Speculation]Httpd freezes...Sometimes

Its a bug, but i thaught i already prevented this. The actual problem is session related (a file is opened, basically the session file, no other program can access it until that file is free, thats why it keeps loading, because it waits for the file to be free).

I'm not sure its the same bug. Basically this happened for me before with the CSV Importer, but i added session_write_close() (which closes the session for the current page) and it worked.

Does the browser/server freeze on the CSV Importer or on the Frontend Upload? When you try to open another page while importing/uploading does it work?

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#3 2011-01-16 21:12:43

Coscast

No, while the csv import i can even close the browser an open the site again (opening in new tab works too). Works without problems.

This freezes happen often, while my wife uploads files via the SINGLE file upload in Adminpanel.

I did not test the frontent upload.

Last edited by Coscast (2011-01-16 21:13:26)

sgt-halfsize-banner.jpg

#4 2011-01-16 22:06:59

symtab
Administrator
Website

Hmm...can you please try to add the following line:

session_write_close();

in: admin/modules/video/components/upload.php just after this line:

if (isset($_POST['submit_upload'])) {

Let me know if this works!

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script