Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-26 10:48:58

symtab
Administrator
Website

Question about the user signup process

Hi,

How do you feel about the user signup process. Does it work how you need it to work or? (do not include the email bugs here, those
are already fixed in BETA4). Basically user signs up, then a message appears and then the user can loggin if he wants. Should the user
be automatically logged in or redirected to the login page after the signup?

Thank you,
Adrian.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#2 2011-01-27 03:43:53

mfeat50
Website

Re: Question about the user signup process

hmmmm..... I like the idea of having it go directly to the login page. I also like the idea of when the user signs up it comes up with please confirm your email, and it sends a confirmation email with a link in it so when the user clicks on it it then takes them to the log in page of our site.

#3 2011-01-27 14:56:45

Coscast

I think that it is good when the user gets directly logged in after signup.
The Question is: If a user has to confirm his email and this email will never be confirmed by the user: Is it possible to login with a non confirmed email adress?

In vBulletin for example it IS possible but the user cannot use all the functions. I think this is good and in ASP case, the user should not be able to upload, or write PMs to other members ( spamprotection ).
I never tested this scenario, maybe it is like that now, if yes: Forget the sentence above smile

sgt-halfsize-banner.jpg

#4 2011-01-27 15:42:33

symtab
Administrator
Website

Right now, the user signs up and then he has to login. There is a welcome email and a email verification (only if email verification is enabled in admin). What i think would be better is to actually redirect to the login page after signup and write the message please login below if no email verification, if email verification is required then Please check your email for the confirmation code and login below (you cannto login if your email is not verified and email verification is enabled in admin).

#5 2011-01-27 15:56:26

Coscast

But if no verification is needed it makes no sense to input the login data again. Thats why i said the user should be logged in directly.

For the rest, i agree with you and it's ok like you said.

Last edited by Coscast (2011-01-27 15:57:09)

sgt-halfsize-banner.jpg

#6 2011-01-27 21:33:11

symtab
Administrator
Website

OK. So you think after signup if no verification is required, users should be logged in automatically? I can do this.

#7 2011-01-28 12:42:34

symtab
Administrator
Website

Here's how the signup process works now:
1. If user approve and email verification are disabled, the user will be automatically logged in after signup and redirected to his dashboard.
2. If user approve is enabled, user will be redirected to the frontpage (and a message about approve).
3. If user approve is disabled and email verification is enabled, user is redirected to the frontpage (and a message about email confirmation).

Board footer