Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-14 18:10:45

Sleepwalker

Version release & Bug fixes?

It would be great (and expected) if you could post a date for the next stable version, incl. confirmed bug fixes.

It is hopeless to read through all the bugs and see what is confirmed and what is not.
Basically a request for - Confirmed bugs and fixes for the coming version, instead of everyone having to report the same bugs over and over again. 

It's not hard to do, and would probably save you (and us) a lot of time as well.

• Release date: ?

• List of confirmed bugs: ? (with 3 different note options: "confirmed and fixed", "unconfirmed" or "cant produce/fix" tag, so members know what and when to expect something).

Thanks.

#2 2012-02-14 18:17:55

jaydenblair@live.co.uk
Website

Re: Version release & Bug fixes?

its only used to report bugs i think, I dont think making a page for bugs on the website would be good as it is bad for buisness.

#3 2012-02-14 18:42:28

Sleepwalker

So is this forum to help members or not?

Of course its a good idea to have it on their forum. They can just lock the topic to be for license holders only.
Most other serious companies do it, and its actually a Huge help to members/license holders.

And it also makes the company look like they actually take the members bug reports serious...
Don't tell me you think that 10 pages full of bug reports look better for a company, compared to one post, where a company actually confirm them as coming fixes...

#4 2012-02-15 03:08:32

THS
Website

I agree its actually a benefit to business, but I think ASPro is only 1 or 2 guys, so (I hate to say this but...) would you rather have the first commercial release soon or have them stop to document all the bugs and what they have fixed?  For my money, I would rather have the script up and going and then in the future do the documentation.  Either way, this script is light years ahead of others.

#5 2012-02-15 07:05:04

Sleepwalker

THS > Thanks for your opinion.
Yeah I agree that the script seems to be ahead of others, which is very positive.

But, My first question in the post was not something that requires any delay to their work.
I simply requested an expected release date for the version.

The second issue was a bug report.
Yes, a bug report would maybe cause 1 or 2 days delay (if 2 guys sit down and make a list of bugs and then post it).
Compared to the frustration it causes that no one really knows what is considered bugs and what will be in the coming version, I would (personally) prefer to wait one or two days more for the release, if it meant that i knew what to expect.

No matter if a company is 1 or 100 people, documentation is always a good way of communicating with members/buyers.

Personally I sent a lot of mails to the company about bugs, and required help, and they have been very helpful on this (most of the time), and spend time on replying my mails. But if there was a bug report in this forum, I would not have to waste mine or their time on this.
And if they spend the same time replying to other members as well - a bug report would actually mean that they had more time to do the fixes instead of answering mails.

A simple list of bug fixes such as:

• Profile logout (Bug) fixed in 1.0
• Example 2 (Bug) fix scheduled in 1.01
• Example 3 (not a bug) no changes planned

And so on...
That wont take much time, but of course, thats just my opinion :-)

THS wrote:

I agree its actually a benefit to business, but I think ASP is only 1 or 2 guys, so (I hate to say this but...) would you rather have the first commercial release soon or have them stop to document all the bugs and what they have fixed?  For my money, I would rather have the script up and going and then in the future do the documentation.  Either way, this script is light years ahead of others.

#6 2012-02-15 08:13:50

symtab
Administrator
Website

We expect to release the next version this week or latest next week (i want to get a test version online this week). All bugs in the forum are fixed, before release i always go over the bugs again. The fixed bugs have a [FIXED], or [NOT A BUG] or [INPUT NEEDED] in front of the forum post. In the Development forum these is a post with 1.0 release which contains all bug fixes: http://forum.adultscriptpro.com/viewtopic.php?id=774

During the BETA and RC versions i didnt think a fixed development plan was needed. Once 1.0 is released i will follow a strict development plan: new version (with new features) every 3 months, bug fix version every 2 weeks.

I do not have any problems with bugs being reported in the forum or anywhere else (i see the Bug Reports forum as a simple bug tracking system). It helps me and it helps our clients/users also (like you also said). You are right, it could be better organized and i will try to improve this in the future.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#7 2012-02-15 08:37:43

Sleepwalker

Thanks a lot for the update.
Well, I never meant this post as something negative. It was just a suggestion to make things easier for all.
Glad to get this update.
I guess we all look forward to the release...

Keep up the good work... :-)

#8 2012-02-15 12:22:40

symtab
Administrator
Website

I didnt see your post as negative. I saw it as contructive and you are right, and your post will help me improve the bug tracking/bug fixing system (i made mistakes when i forgot a that a bug was fixed, or i forgot to fix a bug...so the bug reports/tracking needs improvement).

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#9 2012-02-20 11:49:30

Eri

symtab wrote:

I didnt see your post as negative. I saw it as contructive and you are right, and your post will help me improve the bug tracking/bug fixing system (i made mistakes when i forgot a that a bug was fixed, or i forgot to fix a bug...so the bug reports/tracking needs improvement).

I have seen some scripts using this http://www.redmine.org/

Best Adult Affilitate Network:
ExoClick
Best Deals on Dedicated Servers - CDN
INXY

Board footer