Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-30 16:39:55

Mitomind

Best Monitor EVER!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know about this DEAL! 

I upgraded my system about a month ago and was looking at upgrading my computer monitor.  I do a lot of graphics and 3D animation.  I had 3 nice Viewsonic 22" monitors which were nice, but I wanted something bigger.  I was looking at 27" monitors and they were out of sight in price (here in the US).  I stumbled on some really interesting information about a Korean monitor named Shimian.

Shimian monitors have been around for awhile in Korea.  After reading in an online forum a thread about these monitors, I found out that the LED part of the monitor is actually a rejected APPLE CINEMA DISPLAY.  Since APPLE is the richest company in the world they can be extreme in there choosing of LED displays.  From what I read they grade the displays on such a scale that most of the errors aren't even evident.  So, I did some research on where I could actually buy one of these monitors considering they are only sold in Korea.  EBAY.  Being that the Shimian monitor is by nature a DEFECT LED monitor you have to be careful about which on you purchase.  There are good ones and bad ones... the biggest issue... dead pixels. 

After searching on ebay for a seller, I found many.  What to look for?  Someone who is selling a "PIXEL PERFECT" monitor.  I bought two.  They are half the price of any other 27" monitor.

But here is the biggest catch which most people don't realize.  When you purchase a 27" monitor for lets say ~$700 it's only a 1080 monitor.  If you want the 2560 x 1440 monitor you better have some money to spend!  I purchased my LED Shimian @ 2560 x 1440 for $350.

I really love these monitors!  Seriously.  If you want the username of the person on ebay I purchased them from please PM me.  He has free shipping... I got my monitors next day... for free.  I've provided a link below of a YouTube video review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akJVKzzp4a4

NOTE:  don't purchase the monitor with the GLASS!!!!  Get the NON-GLASS monitor!

Board footer