Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-21 19:06:27

symtab
Administrator
Website

Change forum software

Hi,

Right now our server is having hdd problems. We will replace the hdd as soon as our backups are finished. Do you think a more
advanced forum software is required? Like invision poweboard or vbulletin?

Thank you.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#2 2014-02-22 23:56:17

Tigershark87

Re: Change forum software

I've been using IPB (Invision Powerboard) for years .. amazing features and price is cheap. Plus it looks great smile  If you need any help setting it up or installing specific plugins just let me know.

I wouldn't say you need a more advanced forum (even though I'm biased with IPB), but it sounds like just your web hosting company. As an example.. I currently play online games with a group of guys and gals who have been using IPB from the same web host (hostgator) for the past 6 years, and never once had a problem with their forum or any HDD issue = www.hostgator.com and their site forum link is (using a custom skin) = http://combinedarms.org/forums/

#3 2014-02-23 02:52:57

Hungry Joe

Well MYBB is free....

#4 2014-02-23 09:12:52

symtab
Administrator
Website

Well the only thing that i dont like about fluxbb is the method it sends messages. The email i get doesnt have a reply address and a lot of users send me emails from the forum and i cant send them back. Ahhh...and also there are the spam users always signing up. Tried everything to prevent that, doesnt work (captcha, math, hidden field...).

#5 2014-02-23 11:34:01

Eri

I have used phpBB , is also free

Also i am getting sql error.

Last edited by Eri (2014-02-23 11:35:34)

Best Adult Affilitate Network:
ExoClick
Best Deals on Dedicated Servers - CDN
INXY

#6 2014-02-26 03:22:01

Tigershark87

symtab wrote:

Well the only thing that i dont like about fluxbb is the method it sends messages. The email i get doesnt have a reply address and a lot of users send me emails from the forum and i cant send them back. Ahhh...and also there are the spam users always signing up. Tried everything to prevent that, doesnt work (captcha, math, hidden field...).

I personally vote for IPB , but runner ups are VBulletin or PHPBB .. I've used all of them.

#7 2014-02-26 07:49:03

symtab
Administrator
Website

Some more votes please :-) I've seen IPB and it looks good. PHPBB is known for security problems.

Board footer