Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-10 04:33:29

mantaray

Category Advertising Issues

Couple of issues turned up today while testing the Advertising features.

1) I followed the HOWTO on setting things up, hoping to show a specific banner under a video, defined by category. So I created a new ad selecting "Video Player" for Position. Then I went to the Category manager and clicked on the Manage Category Advertising icon - brings up the window and under Video Player Advertising shows the ad I just created.

I click the checkbox and close it. Unfortunately, the ad doesn't appear on the view video page for that category. Okay, so I try to un-check, click Update but if I open the Manage Category Advertising again, it's still checked.

It seems to me that just by the wording "Video Player Advertising" is it intended to overlay on the video, or underneath? If the first, then okay - I don't have a Flowplayer licence. If the second, maybe I'm doing something wrong ... in any event, I can't un-check any which would seem to be an error/bug.

2) After failing that I edited the ad and changed Psition to "Video View Right". The ad now appears on every video regardless of category. So I go to Video/Categories and then Manage Category Advertising again. Under "Video View Right Advertising" the ad is listed and un-checked. So not sure what's happening - checking the box does nothing as the ad is showing anyway, and like the above example, I can't un-check it (it simply goes back to being checked if I re-open the menu).

Any idea what could be going on here?
By default, does "Video View Right" (and other Position options) place the ad on every video/category/etc.? If so then I would expect the ad to be checked in the Manage Category Advertising window so that we can un-check it ... or am I completely misunderstanding how this works? smile

#2 2011-05-10 07:53:21

symtab
Administrator
Website

Re: Category Advertising Issues

Both positions Video Player and Video View Right have per category. I will check this and see why it doesnt work.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#3 2011-05-10 10:53:06

symtab
Administrator
Website

It worked for the per video category (under the flash player) and it didnt work for view video right per category advertising. In both cases the management part in the admin didnt allow you to delete ads from a category. All problems fixed. If you want i can email you the fixes, or you can wait until the end of the week when we release RC2 with all bug fixes since RC1.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#4 2011-05-10 15:25:29

mantaray

Great, thanks - I'll wait for the update, not an emergency.

Board footer