Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-04 16:29:03

MediaIgniter

How to create new template from default ASP?

Would anyone care to explain how one might create a new template from the existing defboot?  I already copied the folder to a new name but it appears as thought it's not as simple as that.  I'd like some assistance if possible to make sure I don't overlook anything as so in the future if someone comes across this thread they will have a how-to as well.

#2 2016-01-04 17:24:20

thiva7

Re: How to create new template from default ASP?

MediaIgniter wrote:

Would anyone care to explain how one might create a new template from the existing defboot?  I already copied the folder to a new name but it appears as thought it's not as simple as that.  I'd like some assistance if possible to make sure I don't overlook anything as so in the future if someone comes across this thread they will have a how-to as well.

Hey

There is an issue with multi template in +2.0 version.
What you can do is to rename the old name ( Defboot ) to something defrent like Defboot-old and work on your new created folder with name defboot .

Then you have to edit all html js part of theme depending on what you want to create

#3 2016-01-06 17:06:55

symtab
Administrator
Website

there is no issues, it was the same in the 1.0 version. If you rename the template folder, you have to add a new row in the database in the template table from the database. Once done you will be able to select your template in Admin -> Extend -> Template Manager. To create a new template, you can start by editing the css, just by editing the css you can achieve a complete new look (like remove borders, add shadow, change colors, add overlays...and so on). Thats why using a css framework (like bootstrap) is good.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#4 2016-03-18 17:48:56

fitboy

Hi,
we tried making a new template with the instructions above. This is how far we got:

1) copy folder templates/defboot to templates/mcl
2) insert new row in table templates
3) go to admin -> extend -> template manager. click on Config button for mcl template -> you get error Invalid template config file!
After debuggin the problem create file admin/modules/template/config/mcl.php with copied function from defboot and renamed to template_config_mcl() and renaming all occurrences of defboot to mcl
4) Got another fatal error. Had to create file admin/tempates/default/template_config_mcl.tpl.php

Questions:
1) When I select new template and click on Set Default buttton, it says Template marked active! However the active tempate remains defboot. How to activate new template?
2) After you help us to activate new template, will we get into similar fatal errors? Do we have to create other files for this to work correctly?

Many thanks!!

#5 2016-03-19 08:23:05

symtab
Administrator
Website

After you did the 3 and 4...is the config working ok? If not let me know.

Answers:
1) Hmm...this should work, maybe its a bug, i will test today and let you know.
2) There shouldnt be any other errors, if there are errors i can provide a fix. The more features you want to provide in a template, the harder it gets to duplicate it (basically the config for the template in admin is a good feature, but this means direct copy of the template wont work anymore)

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

Board footer