Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-10 21:03:24

Nuevolab

HD playing

Sorry Symtab I need to ask again.
From what I could find it looks that only 1 video file can be assigned to play.
As I understand for websites that doesn't have "premium" option this is either flv video or if exists - mp4 video file.
If there is "premium" module this is flv video and for premium users this is mp4 HD video.
Do I understand it well?

If so then my questions are:

1. Is it standard that script converts one flv video and one mp4 if video source is of enough high quality?

2. If both (flv and mp4) exist, will it be fault to assign both to player, which can later switch between normal and HD if there is no premium module?

I was simply asked how to offer HD switch and had trouble with explaining that player can play only one video...
But then I was confused as I found on server both: flv and mp4 (of bigger size and higher quality), so I thought why not to offer player's option to switch between normal and HD.

Sorry for newbie question but I don't work with your script too often and it's easier to ask someone who does it every day.

#2 2013-09-12 23:46:34

Nuevolab

Re: HD playing

Ok, disregard my previous post.
Even if I was able to assign 2 videos (normal and HD) for the player,
client was not satisfied of vdeo quality (before it was always mp4, later flv with option to switch to mp4).
Well people are not sure what they really want sometimes.... or are not aware of the final result that requested change may bring.

One thing I can't understand, why most of video scripts devs are still keeping FLV format.
Why not convert all in mp4 but different quality, and then standard video make playable on mobiles?
I made such conversion change for other script. This makes less mess up about mobile video and saves a lot of bandwidth.

Last edited by Nuevolab (2013-09-13 00:35:24)

#3 2013-09-15 08:39:21

symtab
Administrator
Website

We also plan to have only MP4 in the future.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#4 2013-09-16 04:03:40

Nuevolab

Well I wish every dev was so hard-working as you are Symtab.
I'm bit lazy (too old?), but still have fun with coding.
Cheers.

Last edited by Nuevolab (2013-09-16 04:03:54)

#5 2013-09-16 07:23:52

symtab
Administrator
Website

Well i cant say i've been working that hard in the past months (from the coding point of view), but i'm planning to re-organise and start working on development again. Its what i like!

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

Board footer