Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-16 02:56:37

mantaray

Video Player Ads/Other Things

Hi, I noticed a couple of threads on plans for advertising on videos, just thought I'd jump in with a couple of things (If any of this has been discussed, and/or in the plans, I apologize):

1) While adding Player Ads I noticed the video "breaks" if the URL is .. too long? (I tried with a couple of URLs with many parameters). Some sponsors do provide huge tracking URLS, which can be shortened using any of the online services (Bit.ly etc.). However, I would much rather have a URL showing that I want (i.e. just the domain, no tracking code) or none at all. Is this possible?

Example 1: (Google Ad-style - Shows a "Display" URL, a shortened version of the actual URL, typically just the domain as below)
SITE TITLE
Site Description
MYSITE.COM

Example 2: (Hide the URL entirely; Anywhere the user clicks on the ad takes them to the target URL anyway)
SITE TITLE
Site Description

Not sure what the configuration options are for FlowPlayer, but I'd hope something like either of the above is possible.

2) More of a question - and possibly a suggestion, is there a way to assign a Player Ad automatically to videos when they are added? Say by Username/Sponsor? If not would be nice instead of having to manually add to videos.

3) I have mass cvs uploaded a bunch of related videos but don't want to publish them immediately (so I don't have a home page with 20+ videos of the same niche). There are 2 options right now for Status when adding: Active and Suspended. So I use Suspended and then edit the status to Active when I want them published live on the site. Problem is, the Add Date value is set to when the video was uploaded, so when they are activated they don't appear at the top of the Newest Videos as the Add Date may be a few days old. This also applies to the RSS feed - the new video is placed in the feed according to it's upload date.

Would be nice if there was some option to either set the Add Date to when the video is published (Active), or any other way so that newly published (approved/activated) videos appear as the newest/most recent videos. (Editing the Add Date manually does nothing).

Sorry for the long read, wanted to be clear on the issues and suggestions smile

Last edited by mantaray (2011-05-16 02:59:34)

#2 2011-05-16 04:07:53

marshalbros

Re: Video Player Ads/Other Things

I would also like #3.  The ability to import all at once but have them go live at a selectable scheduled interval.  Like add 4 new videos every two hours or so, rather than a mass dump.

#3 2011-05-16 08:19:27

symtab
Administrator
Website

1. Its possible.
2. It is possible to add player ads by sponsor.
3. This is a very very good idea and it can be implemented.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#4 2011-05-16 20:23:16

mantaray

symtab wrote:

1. Its possible.
2. It is possible to add player ads by sponsor.
3. This is a very very good idea and it can be implemented.

Sounds good, for #2 though I haven't figured out how to do this. What I want to do is make it so that whenever a specific User uploads a video a specific banner/text link appears under the video. In the HOWTO thread on advertising, it seems I need to specify User Player as position. However, how/where do I specify the User?

If I'm completely wrong, please let me know the process smile
Thanks.

#5 2011-05-16 20:35:52

symtab
Administrator
Website

You are not wrong, however there are 2 different player advertisings:

a. under the flash player
b. over the flash player (overlay)

For a, any user can set his banner from the frontend and you have to approve it from admin. There is no way to assign the banner to a user from the admin panel at this point, but i will add this feature (i never thaught this might be needed, but looking at the situation now, its definitively needed).

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

Board footer