Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-12 16:35:21

quirkmedia
Website

Conversion questions

HI

I previously only used sponsor hosted videos, I now have a dedicated server and am hosting the video however I have a couple of questions.

1. a video currently has 4 versions of it on my server?
   example: VIDEO 14207
   vid folder 39mb
   mp4 folder 6mb and 39mb(hd)
   mobile folder 4mb

2. If I view my site on my ipad using regular template not mobile and all my videos are in mp4 format why can I not view the videos?

Having 4 versions of the videos seems odd and excessive. I have a 3tb hard drive on my server but with 4 versions my hard drive will be filled in not time/

#2 2015-01-12 19:01:41

symtab
Administrator
Website

Re: Conversion questions

1. In versions >= 1.2.0 there are min 2 versions (mp4 360p (or flv if you decide to use flv in admin) and mobile mp4 240p) and a 3rd video for 720p (only if the video is already 720p or above). You can disable 240p mobile, however old phones will not be able to play your videos. The video in the vid folder is deleted once the video has been converted (if its not deleted, then its a bug and i will fix).
2. We will have version 2.0 released which will have a responsive template that will work for phones, tablets (including ipads) and desktops.  With the current template, its not possible to play videos on ipads via the desktop template (it can be done, but with another flash player).

All formats are required in order to display videos on all possible devices (and maybe another 2-3 files will be added if html5 will progress with the same formats mp4, webm and theora).

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

Board footer