Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-14 15:06:45

fitboy

HTML5 by default - for Nuevoplayer

Hey,

I'm getting a lot of support mails recently from Mac users, saying that videos don't play back anymore. This is largely due to the recenet macOS update, which is slowly trying to ban Flash altogether. As it's only a matter of time until Flash is no longer supported anywhere, is there a way to configure Nuevoplayer in a way that it would try to display HTML5 first on Desktop computers?

Currently it's only a fallback option but in most cases there is some kind of Flash version installed, which is either broken or blocked. Yet Nuevoplayer is trying to use Flash first.

Is that somehow possible? I personally don't like Flash either :-D

#2 2016-10-14 18:54:55

Nuevolab

Re: HTML5 by default - for Nuevoplayer

Nuevoplayer automatically detects if flash installed in browser and if it's not - attempts to play as HTML5 player.
Of course video file must meets HTML5 standards, and usually it's about h264/mp4 format.

It's also possible to set fallback order in Nuevoplayer template file.
Default is "flash,html5" and there's no need to set fallback for default.
But if you want to have it opposite, must use "fallbackOrder" options and set it to "html5,flash"
It's in Nuevoplayer template file "/templates/defboot/video_view_nuevoplayer.tpl.php" and the line looks like:

nvplayer.start( {id:'player',config:'<?php echo BASE_URL.'/misc/nuevo/config.php?id='.$this->video['video_id']; ?>',width:w,height:h});

With reverse fallback it must be:

nvplayer.start( {id:'player',fallbackOrder:'html5,flash',config:'<?php echo BASE_URL.'/misc/nuevo/config.php?id='.$this->video['video_id']; ?>',width:w,height:h}); 

From other hand recently I developed very nice theme/plugin for Videojs HTML5 player, which works very good with AdultScript.
So if someone decides for HTML5 playback only - this is one of best players around, sponsored by Brightcove, used by many giant sites. But I do not suggest it to use for Flash FLV videos playback.

Last edited by Nuevolab (2016-10-14 18:55:35)

#3 2016-10-15 22:58:49

Eri

Nuevolab wrote:

From other hand recently I developed very nice theme/plugin for Videojs HTML5 player, which works very good with AdultScript.

It is a good idea to be used from sites that have only mp4 files and not webm? Will be supported from all browsers?

Best Adult Affilitate Network:
ExoClick
Best Deals on Dedicated Servers - CDN
INXY

#4 2016-10-16 10:06:12

fitboy

Thanks for the reply! I'm not quite sure I understood how this works. All videos on my sites are mp4 only. However Nuevoplayer itself seems to be Flash-based, which means desktop users need to have Flash installed, or it needs to have permission to run. (A lot of users seem to struggle with Flash permissions and ask for help)

So I was hoping to use a non-Flash video player to playback mp4 files. What I like about Nuevo are the thumb-previews and logo-insertion in the embedded player (don't need the logo on the website player). Is there a non-flash (html5) version of the player with the same features?

thanks!! :-D

Board footer