Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-15 01:18:07

franz

[SECURITY] Privately marked photo album, photos can still be viewed

if a photo album is marked private, users can still access its contents by guessing its number name files at domain.com/media/photos/12345.jpg

you can easily actually guess its number by comparing the photo number name of the recent public photos located before or after it

I suggest that the photos be named in a random generated text, same goes for the videos

#2 2017-05-15 14:45:55

symtab
Administrator
Website

Re: [SECURITY] Privately marked photo album, photos can still be viewed

Yeah, this could be possible, but you can protect the files from the web server configuration. I cold however modify this for 3.x, although the photo stuff is already coded, i will try to modify it to use a hash for the photos.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#3 2017-05-15 19:00:25

franz

it would be nice if you could also use hash for the video file names while your at it.. thanks

#4 2017-05-16 14:57:08

symtab
Administrator
Website

The video files can be protected with a secure access configuration in the web server. The modification could be done (and its a good idea), but it would take me a lot of time. Once i finish 3.x, then while we are fixing bugs, i try to add this feature.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

Board footer