Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-25 04:12:43

mfeat50
Website

double videos

Is there a way to have the script check if the video being uploaded by members already exists? I am finding that either the same member or another member have uploaded the same video so I have had to go in and delete the video manually. This does not happen that often however this would be a good feature I think.

#2 2011-01-25 10:57:33

symtab
Administrator
Website

Re: double videos

It could be done (i have a very simple method in mind which will work only if the videos are 100% the same (same duration, same content, basically the same is uploaded 2 times)). I will do some more research, maybe there are more advanced methods.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

#3 2011-01-25 12:24:59

symtab
Administrator
Website

Re: double videos

There are a few simple options:
- cmp (this works very fast, but you need all the uploaded files, so i'll drop it)
- md5sum (this works, not very fast, save a md5 of the original video in the database and then compare it with the uploaded one,
the database comparation is very fast)

None of the methods work, if the videos are actually the same, but if videos have different encoding it will not work. Still researching.

Adult Scripts: Adult Script Pro - Adult Search Script
Adult Advertising/Traffic: Plug Rush - EXOClick - PopAds

Board footer