Adult Script Pro Community Forums

The forum is here for legacy reasons. No new posts will be created. User registration is disabled! If you have any questions, please email us or check https://www.adultscriptpro.com for more details!

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-06 14:16:39

fatty

What hosting for my site idea?

Hi all

What hosting would you recommend for a startup website that will only have embedded videos on it, so no actual videos stored on my server, also what hosting companies are you guys using?

Thanks

#2 2012-09-06 15:49:24

Mitomind

Re: What hosting for my site idea?

There are a million hosting providers out there... best to know how much you want to spend on hosting.  Price is often the best place to start.  Also, how much interaction with the server do you want to do?

You can get shared hosting (cheapest), VPS hosting (mid range price), or a dedicated server (most expensive). 

So, start at price... how much do you want to spend a month?

#3 2012-09-06 19:44:36

fatty

I think ill go with shared hosting at the start and scale as necessary. Would you recommend and providers that allow adult content and are reasonably priced.

Thanks

#4 2012-09-06 19:56:22

Mitomind

If you're going to go with shared make sure they have all the features you will need.  Check the requirements ASP page to make sure they meet the needs of the script. 

I'm not associated with any web hosting company - no affiliate.  But I can recommend jaguarpc.com.  I have a VPS which allows me to add anything I need for hosting.  If you search online you can find a 'double' coupon for jaguarpc which will double all the specs of the VPS... I have the lowest VPS and it's like $24 a month.  I get 50gb storage, 6TB transfer, and 2GB ram.  I also have total control of my server space.  You can host adult content on Jaguarpc.  Otherwise, I've read a lot of people loving hostgator on several adult forums.  They allow adult content, are pretty cheap, and have nice uptime.

Try to stick with a major hosting provider.  A lot of the "great deals" are 18yo with an affiliate to another host and you end up getting horrible support.

Lastly, this is one unique company out there.  I actually had a great talk with the owner.  Found the hosting on an adult forum.  The hosting service is called m3server.  They have a very unique approach... totally managed.  You need something, they do it for you (as far as installing anything necessary to run the site).  They are in total control and they base the company on - you design and develop and they take care of the rest.  It was too much control for me, but for someone who just wants to manage their website and do nothing server related... they might be an option.

#5 2012-09-06 20:11:14

fatty

Thanks for that, I don't think i'm going to for the managed option you mentioned, I want to do some research and learn some new things. I will take a look at the hosting ideas you gave.
Thanks for the advice

#6 2012-09-06 20:57:04

Eri

securedserver.com

Best Adult Affilitate Network:
ExoClick
Best Deals on Dedicated Servers - CDN
INXY

#7 2012-09-06 23:00:44

phoenix85

Good shared host for adult website - http://www.arvixe.com/adult_hosting.php smile

Board footer